Salta ai contenuti. | Salta alla navigazione

Home Admissions Non-EU Students

Non-EU Students

Non-EU citizens residing outside Italy:


Applicants to the our postgraduate degree program must hold at least a three-year (BA level) degree and a B2 level CEFR of English knowledge.

Applicants who want to check if they meet the admission requirements should fill out the PRE-ADMISSION APPLICATION FORM  (for the a.y. 2018/2019 the FORM is NO MORE available).

The following is a list of documents that MUST be submitted in order to process the preadmission application:

- Curriculum vitae (preferably a  European format one available at

- Scanned copy of the degree certificate including final grade, date, list of courses attended and the exams passed with the corresponding grades;

- A certificate of advanced English knowledge (this certificate is not required for those who obtained a degree from a university whose classes, not including language classes, were taught in English);

- Copy of a currently valid official ID document (passport or identity card).

The GPR's Commission will evaluate the applications received between March and July following the calendar below:

The response of the GPR's Commission will be sent to the applicants by email.


Non-EU students must submit a pre-enrollment application for Italian universities to the local Italian diplomatic authorities in their own countries or residence before the prescribed deadline set every year by the Italian Ministry of Education and Research - for the 2018/2019 academic year the applications are accepted from 19 February 2018 to 26 July 2018 - along with the following supporting documents:

  • Form A (Please specify LM-52 "Global Politics and International Relations" if you wish to enrol in our Master’s degree programme);
  • University degree certificate or educational qualification which allows the applicant to access a two-year Master's course. This certificate must have already been legalized by the relevant authority of the country where it was issued or with Apostille stamp, and officially translated into Italian. The certificate must be accompanied by a Dichiarazione di Valore in Loco (Certificate of Equivalence of Qualification);
  • transcript of records attesting examinations and relevant scores (including credit hours, if available);
  • copy of English language certificate;
  • syllabus, i.e. an outline of topics covered in the courses;
  • two passport-sized photos.


Each Consulate/Embassy may ask the student to provide further documents according to their specific regulation.

Note: Student syllabi and transcripts will be accepted in English or in Italian (go to "Studenti stranieri" official website, select the University of Macerata and the course “LM-52 Global Politics and International Relations”, then click on “dettaglio”). All other documents issued in a foreign language must be translated in Italian by an official translator.

Italian Diplomatic Authorities will send the details of those candidates who have completed all the requirements directly to the Didactic Central Office of the University of Macerata and return the pre-enrollment application to approved students.

More information about documents and procedure is available on the "Study in Italy" website.



From August 1st to October 31st 2018 on the basis of the University students regulations, applicants must fill out the online application form to register at the University of Macerata, print it out, sign it and take it to the University Registrar’s office along with the following supporting documents:
  • Dichiarazione di valore in loco (Certificate of Equivalence of Qualification) indicating that you have completed a total of 15 years of schooling prior to attending a master's degree program  or Diploma Supplement or certification released by ENIC-NARIC Centers
  • 2 passport-sized photos, one of which certified
  • Your qualification awarded by a university or your post-secondary qualification awarded by a non-academic higher education institution enabling you to proceed to the subsequent level of education in the country where it is issued (or certified copy)
  • Transcript, issued by the competent academic authority, which records all the subject courses/exams included in the curriculum of your 1st cycle H.Ed. qualification and syllabi of the individual subject courses covered by your 1st cycle H.Ed. qualification; they should provide details on the number of credits allotted to each discipline and the credits needed for the awarding of the final qualification, or on the weekly/yearly hours for all teaching-learning activities (theory and practice). If you submit a Diploma Supplement for admission to a second cycle degree, you are not required to submit the transcript of records or the syllabus.
  • Copy of the Permesso di soggiorno (Residence permit) issued by the competent Italian police office (this concerns only non-Eu citizens legally living in Italy). This permit is to be applied for within 8 days of arrival in Italy. Students are required to deliver the residence permit application receipt first, then, having collected the residence permit card, they must hand in a copy as soon as possible, exhibiting the original document to the University Registrar’s office. For further information, visit the Italian Immigration website
  • Copy of English language certificate (this certificate is not required for those who obtained a degree from a university whose classes, not including language classes, were taught in English)
  • Copy of the receipt of payment of the first installment of the tuition fees.

Degree/diploma - as well as all related documents that are issued by a foreign authority or that are in a foreign language different from Italian - must be submitted along with a legal translation into Italian.

The translation must be certified by the relevant Italian diplomatic representation abroad. English versions of transcripts and sillabi do not require a translation into Italian.

The documentation handed in by the applicant does not allow for direct access/admission to Laurea Magistrale (Second cycle degree/Two-year Master), as the University must also assess if the degree/diploma/certificate owned by the applicant can qualify for the application.

As required by current Italian law, in order to enroll in a second cycle degree program, the applicant must have completed a total of 15 years of schooling prior to attending a master's degree program. You are required to verify that you have completed the 15 years of schooling before pre-enrolling.


For additional details visit: